Thursday 20 October 2011

Hair Memoirs

Whenever I am asked, "What do you think is your best feature?" pat comes my reply, "My hair!"

My earliest memories of receiving compliments revolve around my hair. As a child I used to have very long, thick hair (that every girl admires and wishes for) lovingly maintained and cared for by my granny with all kinds of wonderful "daadima ke nuskhe". The time my granny used to spend taking care of my hair by oiling it and combing it, were 'our' time. We would talk about my day, her chidlhood stories, mythhological stories, things and events in general and she would manage to pass on that admirable wisdom all graanies have to me in those 15 minutes of my hair oiling/combing time (yes! it used to take 15 minutes at least every time and we used to do it twice a day!).

Even today, when I want to pamper and indulge myself, my first thought is what can I do for my hair? Oiling it with warm oil (coconut or ayurvedic blends) and keeping it the night, making a natural hair pack (curds or honey are amazing hair reviving potions) or just washing it with a good shampoo and deep conditioning it.

So here's a raising a toast to my best feature and the memories of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment