Sunday 23 October 2011

Its Comics Time!!

I love comics! Who doesn't?? And what better event for a comic lover but a comic convention! Mumbai had a comic convention yesterday (and its still on today for another hour or so I guess) and I haaaaaad to be there!

The first thing that hit me when I entered the hall at the WTC was the energy and the fun! Everyone was upbeat and happy. Some were celebrating their favourite characters by dressing up like them and others, thought not dressed up, were still celebrating!

The Board at the Entrance



Alika (dressed up as Luna from Harry Potter) and me


Tinkles, Amar Chitra Kathas, Chacha Chaudhari (whose brain has run faster than a computer for as long as I can rememebr) Billoo, Pinki...a walk down memory lane..... and others... Andhi Maa Widhwa Behen, Sita, Devi, Zombie Talkies were quite an exposure to whats new. Judging by the number of people at the convention...a no brainer...everyone loves comics!!!


The Diamond Comics Stall


More stalls


And some more stalls!


And now for the loot I picked up!!! See photos please!!!



Archie(s), Chacha Chaudhari, Billoo and Pinki



Free Bookmarks!! (All except one!)


And since we were taking a walk down memory lane, my friend and I decided to stop by for a quick dinner at our favourite pav bhaji joint at CST (or VT) station.. Canon Pav Bhaji! Hot, spicy butter bhaji with soft warm buttery breads, all polished off with a spicy tangy masala chhas!


Canon Pav Bhaji (in candlelight, though not always, we were lucky!)


Mumbai's (arguably) best Pav Bhaji!!

Awesomeosome fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment